The 49000 Series V-LOG high pressure drop valve features an enlarged body gallery to accommodate gas expansion and up to 36 stages of pressure reduction via a stacked disk trim design. It offers optimized severe service solutions for high-pressure drop applications with potential damaging noise or cavitating fluid conditions. Built around the Masoneilan V-LOG Energy Management Trim, the 49000 Series is capable of handling a wide range of both liquid and gas services in a variety of process industries.
Benefits of the 49000 Series V-LOG high pressure drop valve include:
- Compared to forged or fabricated bodies, the cast globe-style body of the 49000 Series offers lower in weight and overall dimensions which helps reduce installation costs.
- Enlarged body galleries and expanded outlets provide velocity control for expanding gases.
- Galleries sized to accept “typical” V-LOG trim dimensions for a standardized body platform and an optimized solution.
- V-LOG trim for use with either compressible or incompressible fluids under severe service conditions.
- V-LOG and Lo-dB trim provide reduced noise and cavitation that could negatively affect the valve and/or surrounding equipment.
The V-LOG Trim can be configured for use with either compressible or incompressible fluids under severe service conditions making the 49000 Series valve a superior choice for liquid and gas applications including:
- Boiler feed water start-up and control
- Steam letdown
- Pump discharge
- Water reinjection
- Gas recycle
4” through 36”
(100 through 900 mm)
Ratings and Connections:
• Flanged: ANSI 150-2500
UNI-DIN 10 – 400
• Welded: BW
• Carbon steel
• Stainless steel
• Model 87/88 multi-spring diaphragm
• Model 51/52/53 piston cylinder
• Single or double stage Lo-dB and V-LOG energy management trim available in low noise flow-to-open designs or anticavitation
flow-to-close variety of balanced trim options for Class IV and V shutoff
• Linear or equal percentage