The Type 13900 Series pilot-operated safety relief valve combines high capacity with simple construction, designed to ASME section VIII. It consists of a small conventional, fail-safe pilot valve and a high capacity main valve platform. The main valve can be configured with orifice sizes up to 200 square inches to help reduce the number of valves required for system overpressure protection.
Greater total system efficiency driven by the main valve’s ability to handle in excess of 3,000,000 lbs. of steam per hour. It has 7:1 discharge capacity over “T” orifice and 2:1 over “W” orifice valves.
- Simple and efficient valve design helps reduce the need for excessive inventory and maintenance time.
- Ability to test the pilot and main valve in the field without disconnecting the main valve inlet and outlet lines.
Taking into account a variety of important factors, our valve experts can help determine the right pressure relief valve solutions for your power and energy applications:
The 13900 Safety Relief Valve is ideal for unfired boiler applications:
- Handles extra large capacity requirements up to 3,000,000 lbs. per hour.
- Compact, light design lowers installation cost.
- In-line disassembly and repair capability helps to lower repair cost.
Inlet Sizes: 16” to 20”
Inlet Ratings: ASME Class 300
Outlet Sizes: 18” through 24”
Outlet Ratings: ASME Class 150
Orifice Sizes: 114, 143.1, 176.7 and 201 sq. in.
Set Pressure Range: 50 to 300 psig (3,44 to 20,68 barg)
Temperature Range: 250°F to 550°F (121°C to 288°C)
Materials: Carbon Steel with Stainless Steel trim
Typical Application: Moisture Separator Reheater Systems
- ASME B&PVC Section VIII
- China Manufacturing License (CML)
- API 520 and 521
- Others available upon request